Afterschool Centre for Career Development (formerly known as Afterschool Peer Mentoring Project) is pleased to announce the launch of its #ShowYourSkillsCampaign organized as part of its activities to celebrate and promote the inaugural United Nations World Youth Skills Day held on July 15th 2015.
The Campaign is hinged on the fact that skills will continually drive the labour market and the future of work for both local and global economies and the need for young people to position themselves accordingly.
How to participate:
– Open to young people across Africa under 35 years of age
– Send a picture of yourself showing off your skills
– Tweet to @Afterschool_dev using the hashtag #ShowyourSkillsCampaign and #YouthSkillsDay
– Refer your friends to tweet at #ShowyourSkillsCampaign and #YouthSkillsDay and mention you in their tweets
– At the end we will compile the submitted pictures into a skills handbook that will be shared globally
The best pictures that demonstrate skills will win the following:
– An all- expense paid trip to Cape Town, South Africa in October 2015
– Scholarships to attend entrepreneurship courses
– Feature Interview in two national newspapers
– Feature interview on a national TV Show
Campaign Timeline: July 1st – 30th August 2015.
For more information, inquiries, and partnerships on the #ShowYourSkillsCampaign, please contact:
Kokomma Williams-Udofot, Programmes & Partnerships Manager Afterschool Centre for Career Development(ACCD):